How to Sell a House in Probate or a Trust
Selling Real Estate that is in Probate or a Trust can be very challenging. You have probably been asking yourself:
- What are my options?
- What is the correct value of the property?
- What’s the best way to sell?
- What if repairs need to be made?
- I’m in another state, how can I get the property ready for market?
How to Get Your Probate Real Estate Property Sold
Selling Florida probate real estate or property held in a trust can be challenging. Your choice of an experienced Realtor who is knowledgeable of the probate process to help you in the sale of the property is of utmost importance.
The selling of probate real estate does not have to be difficult. An experienced, knowledgeable probate real estate agent will make all the difference in meeting important deadlines and making sure the sale of the property goes smoothly.
We specialize in helping families who have inherited properties in probate and trusts. Our goal is to make the sale of the property as simple and easy as possible for you.
We give you the information you need to make the best decision for your particular situation and we keep you informed with regular updates throughout the process.
Marketing a House in Probate, Trust or Conservatorship
Getting real property sold involves more than simply placing it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and posting a sign. Those steps are important, of course, but for The Smeaton Team, successful marketing includes close communication with the seller, as well as in-depth knowledge of the property and the neighborhood.
The Smeaton Team have been selling homes for over 10 years. Our focused no-nonsense approach and proven marketing tactics get the results you want.
What We Do
- Prepare Property Market Value Analysis.
- Perform a free Maximum Home Audit of the property and review any updates, repairs, changes, and /or maintenance needed to get maximum profit for the property.
- Prepare a Property Market Value Analysis.
- Provide detailed information on all comparable sales in the area.
- Offer a realtor sale to obtain maximum profit. Also offer a cash investor purchase for a fast easy sale.
- Counsel with you on different options for selling the property that meet your objectives.
- Coordinate any needed services with our business associates: estate liquidators, home stagers, locksmiths, cleaning, painting, and repair crews, and more.
- Offer a free 1 hour staging consultation to help you achieve maximum profit with a realtor sale.
- Customize our 40 Point Marketing System as needed for each individual property.
- Prepare extensive on-line advertising in addition to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and multiple photo tours and property information.
- Post yard sign on property with an 800 number for buyers to get info about the property 24/7 which also allows us to get their number for follow-up to see if they are a serious buyer for the home
- Place property on market.
- Aggressively market the property to potential buyers and agents who represent them.
- Arrange property showings and open house as appropriate.
- Maintain frequent communication throughout the transaction.
- Counsel agents and prospective buyers regarding the offer process for a property in probate.
- Continue to market the property aggressively until we have an accepted offer.
- Handle offer process and all subsequent paperwork.
- Streamline communication between all parties.
- Anticipate and solve problems before they cause delays.
- Confirm escrow deposit and track progress.
- Have a successful closing on the property.
Why The Smeaton Team?
- Florida Real Estate license since 2008.
- Over 40 years of business experience.
- Member Greater Tampa Realtors.
- Member Florida Realtors
- Member National Association of Realtors.
- Member Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce
- Experienced with requirements of Probate Code to expedite the sale.
- Straightforward and timely communication with families, attorneys, accountants, personal representatives, trustees, conservators and court personnel.
- Team of professionals for estate liquidation, clean out, repairs, staging, and more.
No excuses. Just great service.
Call us today to learn how we can help you manage the sale of your probate, trust or conservatorship real estate property. 813 477-2090
Serving Brandon, Riverview, Lithia, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Plant City, Wiamauma, Tampa and all of Hillsborough County.